David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Nairobi Day Tour
This is an orphanage for Elephant and Rhinos Calves from all over Kenya. It was founded and is still managed by Daphne Sheldrick, the widow of the best known Game Warden, David Sheldrick. The young calves which are orphaned by poaching from various Parks are brought here and nursed until they are believed to be out of danger then released back to various parks to rejoin their colleagues. The visit is done during the feeding hours which fall between 11:00am to Noon every other day. There is no park fee but only your humble contributions to the trust
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- Airport pick up and drop off.
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
What's not included
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary